VASCULAR TECHNICIAN, REGISTERED (RVT) PART-TIME
VASCULAR TECHNICIAN, REGISTERED (RVT) PART-TIME
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION
Perform a variety of hemodynamic evaluations to detect obstructions, as directed by a physician or in response to previous test results, including: carotid duplex ultrasound imaging, arterial duplex imaging, venous duplex imaging, and doppler ultrasound, plethysmography, pressure measurements, and other methodologies to evaluate patients suspected of having peripheral vascular disease. Provide excellent service to our patients along with a written preliminary interpretation and impression of test results that are complete and accurate. Record and maintain test data.
- Assess patient condition/information and determine the appropriateness of procedures to be performed as required by the Intersociety Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories and to establish medical necessity as mandated by HCFA.
- Evaluate patients for the presence or absence, severity and location of peripheral vascular disease by selecting the most effective procedure(s) from an array of anatomic, hemodynamic and physiologic procedures including duplex scanning, plethysmography, doppler ultrasound, pressure measurements and active or passive hyperemic challenge. Record test results and report the results to the physician upon completion of testing.
- Document and prepare patient records for review and interpretation by physician, including the selection, recording, cross-referencing of significant or representative studies.
- Prepare a complete and accurate written report for subsequent review and signature of the medical director or his/her designee.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients, employees, and related activities.
- Participate in quality improvement activities: evaluate procedure results for technical quality and accuracy; maintain appropriate logs, files, and records.
- Maintain equipment to assure conformance with specific operational standards.
- Maintain equipment in working order, making minor adjustments and repairs, perform routine cleaning and preventive maintenance, report any equipment malfunction to supervisor.
- Develop and implement quality assurance programs relating to calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Coordinate maintenance personnel, cleaning services, and vendor visits.
- Develop safety, training courses for equipment operators.
- Maintain all necessary supplies (ordering and stocking).
- Maintain certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support procedures and be able to respond to emergencies.
- Instruct and train students, nurses, or other allied health personnel as requested regarding the capabilities and limitations of the methodologies, the optimal utilization of tests, and the interpretation of the procedures.
- Assure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
955 VASCULAR TECHNICIAN, REGISTERED (RVT)
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
ARDMS Certification as a Registered Vascular Technician (RVT).
One year of clinical experience in peripheral vascular imaging, two years preferred, and CPR certification or obtain certification within 90 days of employment. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.