PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT - UROLOGY
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT - UROLOGY
Augment a physician's ability to provide medical services to patients;collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provide direct patient care services.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient's record; write progress notes and narrative discharge summaries; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal,wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients,report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient's progress.
- Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- May make work assignments for assigned nursing and technical personnel;review the work of other staff; train new personnel.
- Participate in teaching medical students and physician assistant students in techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
1631 PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessor agencies.
None required above education/training requirement OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must be licensed in the state of North Carolina, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.