Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Clinical Instructor
NYS license as NP/PA, NYS certification (or eligible) as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant, Master's Degree in Nursing or Master's of Science. New graduates welcome.
Recent NP or PA experience. Experience working, documenting and navigating through CERNER with emphasis on outpatient documentation. Experience working in a Stony Brook outpatient setting, and/or will consider some inpatient experience. Urology, OB/GYN or Surgical experience.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Assist Urology faculty in rendering patient care and education.
- Perform History and Physicals.
- Collaborate with attending on inpatient care.
- Return patient calls in reference to question on patient care, including questions on prescriptions, patient discomfort, after care and any other inquiry regarding care.
- Provide assistance in clinic and be able to perform independent patient assessment for billable sessions and record all documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Attend continuing education classes and participate in Grand Rounds.
- Perform direct care to selected patients under the supervision of the attending surgeon in the inpatient care setting.
- Collaborate with other mid-level providers, coordinate all aspects of in hospital care and discharge planning with nursing, medical and hospital staff.
- Perform approved diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients.
- Make referrals to other health care providers and/or consult the physician for further definitive therapy.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physician collaborator relative to patient care and administrative issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a non-tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated Start Date: March 2018.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Those interested in this position should fill out an online Applicant Information Survey , submit a State Employment Application , cover letter and resume/CV by clicking Apply. Alternately, you may submit your application package to the departmental address or fax below.
Anne Klassert, NP
Health Sciences Center Floor T9, room 040
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8093
Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools - Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Social Welfare - as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children's, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Official Job Title: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Clinical Instructor
Campus: Health Sciences Center
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posting Start Date: 04/02/2018
Posting End Date: 05/02/2018
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 05/02/2018 , unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: Health Science and Medical Center Faculty