Quality Program Business Services Professional
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
The Department of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine
Quality Program Business Services Professinal
Position # 00003219 - Requisition 13110
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Department of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Quality Program Business Services Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Nature of Work
The Business Services Professional is responsible for managing the administrative support functions for the Director of the Institute for Healthcare Quality, Safety and Efficiency (IHQSE) and the University of Colorado Hospital (UCHA) Chief Quality Officer (CQO) who oversees the hospital's Quality Program. This position will provide executive scheduling, meeting and event coordination; office management; public relations; and/or accounting, personnel or payroll support. The Business Services Professional will collaborate with IHQSE and Quality Department faculty and staff to ensure the administration of tasks is on track, in terms of time frame, budget, data and compliance with the rules and regulations of the UCHA as well as the University of Colorado (CU) School of Medicine (SOM) and University of Colorado Medicine (CU Medicine). Other administrative and technical duties as assigned by the CQO and IHQSE directors.
This position autonomously manages administrative functions in support of the IHQSE and the CQO. The Business Services Professional serves as a liaison, independently interprets and coordinates administrative needs, interprets policies and procedures pertaining to administrative operations pertaining to these needs, and makes recommendations relative to program management, funds, resources, and recruiting. Additionally, this role provides excellent internal/external customer service at all levels and establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with UCHA, SOM and CU Medicine administration, faculty, staff, and program directors as well as UCHealth personnel.
Examples of Work Performed
- Serve as primary customer service support and contact for CQO office and IHQSE; maintain confidentiality and integrity when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Responsible for daily independent decision-making and problem resolution to reflect best interest of the CQO and the IHQSE.
- Provide professional level administrative support for projects in which the CQO or IHQSE directors are involved on a local and national level.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive filing system which enables access to historical and current program records, communications and both computerized and paper based information in a timely and efficient manner; assure that documents are properly stored and accessible upon demand.
- Coordinate events and meetings:
- Assist CQO and IHQSE directors in planning of events.
- Plan budget and negotiate contract terms and rates with vendors for off-site meeting venues; provide justification for specific items after analyzing budget limitations.
- Schedule speakers/presenters and prepare presentation materials.
- Room reservations, event invitations, catering/meal planning, event set-up (presentations, AV, etc.) and break-down.
- Ensure arrangements for annual events are planned well in advance and timelines are adhered to.
- Anticipate needs by independently researching and determining the appropriate documents, reports, and policies needed for events and meetings.
- Assist with special projects and miscellaneous job-related duties as requested by the CQO and IHQSE directors.
- Prepare reports as needed for leadership using a variety of systems and software to manage and monitor program records.
- Copying, scanning, faxing, mail pick-up & delivery, supplies/inventory management, and other miscellaneous duties.
Program Coordination and Management
- Coordinate, administer and support the day-to-day operations for UCHA quality programs and processes, including collaboration with the IHQSE, SOM and UCHealth.
- Analyze, interpret, and maintain knowledge of procedures, regulations and polices established by UCHA, UCHealth, the University, CU Medicine and/or other external entities as they relate to ongoing quality programs.
- Serve as primary program contact for internal and external inquiries.
- Support program-related initiatives and endeavors.
- Assist in preparation of presentations related to performance improvement (PI) programs in the areas of quality, safety, risk mitigation, including data and metrics related to initiatives.
- Prepare and disseminate minutes and other information related to the various committees chaired by the CQO and IHQSE Director in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain effective relationships with UCHA executives, Clinical Chairs within the SOM, the Senior Associate Dean, SOM/Medical Director, CU Medicine, the Clinical Leadership Council, Ambulatory and Inpatient Medical Directors for the purpose of gathering and disseminating updates related to UCHA quality programs and the IHQSE.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with UCHA marketing department and IHQSE Program Manager.
- Provide fiscal support to the CQO and IHQSE directors, including procurement services, travel authorization, and travel reimbursements, as well as support in researching fiscal transactions.
- Exercise delegated financial authority in determining expenditures needed; making decisions on what expenditures can and cannot be made; reconciling accounts and analyzing discrepancies and solving as appropriate.
- Aid in grant writing (as needed) to further the success and growth of quality programs, including the IHQSE.
- Interpret and follow current rules and guidelines relating to travel and expense reimbursement.
- Maintain current knowledge of financial processes and guidelines, attend training as necessary.
Recruitment/Human Resources Support
- Provide administrative and operations support related to the human resources and recruitment needs for the Quality Department and the IHQSE.
- Provide guidance and information to new faculty and staff; research and interpret multifaceted HR rules, regulations and policies as required to answer questions that arise.
- Coordinate job postings for Quality Department and IHQSE staff hired by UCHA.
- Coordinate and manage the screening and interviewing of Quality Department and IHQSE applicants; plan interview schedule and travel arrangements/logistics as needed.
- Manage logistics related to orientations, computer needs, office space, etc. for Quality Department staff.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1 year of professional experience in an administrative, financial, or human resources related support role
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- At least five years professional experience, with at least three years in an administrative support role.
- Experience working in an academic and/or healthcare environment.
- Experience and knowledge of UCHA and CU procurement and accounting procedures and requirements.
- Experience planning events on the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC), familiarity with departments, and processes required for room reservations, alcohol policy, and a variety of venues familiarity with AMC facilities and offices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well-developed professional skills in the areas of administrative and program support.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and complete complex projects and to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and respond to support customer needs and requests in a professional, timely manner; ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal / customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial principles and procedures.
- Knowledge and general understanding of UCHA and CU policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, executives, learners, alumni, industry representatives, outside organizations, and the public.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines; handle a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of medical care terms, environments, and culture.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Samara Campbell at Samara.Campbell@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21715 - SOM-MED-Hospital Medicine
Posting Date: Apr 2, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Samara Campbell
Posting Contact Email: Samara.Campbell@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00003219