Adjunct Faculty, Manufacturing Industrial Engineering Technology
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Dean, Manufacturing Engineering
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req124
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT004-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
Teaches a full range of lecture and lab courses in the Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering Technology program. Courses include, but are not limited to, CAD, machining tools, GD&T, CNC, quality control, and lean manufacturing. Assists with course development and tutoring students in MET courses as needed. Performs student learning outcomes assessment to make continuous improvement.
- Prepares and delivers learning activities in order to achieve course outcomes
- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, papers, and examinations
- Maintains and submits student attendance records, grades and other required documentation by specified deadlines
- Be available to students for coaching
- Periodic meetings with supervisors, division, or College, relative to teaching duties and training and development
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Hands-on experience in using machining tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Master's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Teaching experience
- Some industrial experience
- Experience in robotic or automated manufacturing
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing
- Proficiency in solid modeling software
- Knowledge of statistics
- Knowledge of data acquisition
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will
remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis. In the event you are called for an interview, please have copy of unofficial transcript based on requirements outlined in posting.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.