JOB NO.: 93981-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Research, Scientific, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93981-AS
Working Title: WEC Evaluator
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN) or ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN) or ASST RESEARCHER(E05LN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree in Education, Public Policy, or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Knowledge and experience working in Wisconsin K-12 Educational policy.
* Prior work experience conducting program evaluation, preferred.
* Familiarity and experience with conducting program evaluation in culturally competent, relevant and responsive ways.
* Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills, including administrating surveys, conducting focus groups and interviews, analyzing and summarizing findings.
* Experience with report and proposal writing.
* Familiarity with university requirements related to conducting research and evaluation work, including UW IRB, data sharing agreements, and contract management.
* Experience coordinating the development and delivery of reports summarizing project findings.
* Prior experience working with internal and external partners to identify project goals, develop work plans, monitoring resources and completing work on time and within budget.
* Proficiency with Stata, NVivo, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
License or certificate:
The Wisconsin Evaluation Collaborative (WEC) located in the Wisconsin Center for Education Research is a growing community of experienced program evaluators from UW Madison who work in partnership with school districts, professional associations, CESAs, state and federal agencies, and foundations to determine the effectiveness of education initiatives and how they can be continuously improved. WEC is seeking for a Researcher to provide program evaluation assistance to the project.
The Wisconsin Center for Education Research (WCER) at the University of Wisconsin- Madison's highly ranked public School of Education is one of the first and most productive education research centers in the world. It has assisted scholars and practitioners develop, submit, conduct and share grant-funded education research for more than 50 years. For more information about WCER, please go to our webpage: https://www.wcer.wisc.edu/
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply online for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Mary Hegge, current resume, and a document with the names and contact information of three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 2 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 30 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time