Project Assistant IV
Hyde Park Campus
20123 Ob & Gynecology
About the Unit
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has 98 clinical providers: 42 faculty members, ten clinical fellows, 28 residents, ten physician assistants, six midwives, and two advanced practice nurses providing care at the main hospital in Hyde Park and seven off site locations. We have more than 45,000 outpatient visits, 20,000 ultrasound encounters, 2,500 deliveries, and perform over 2,500 gynecologic surgeries per year. Our physicians see patients at several offsite locations that are managed by the Department and operate at a number of hospitals, including Munster Community hospital in Northwestern Indiana and Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights. The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is organized into seven clinical sections: Uro-gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, REI, Family Planning, Maternal Fetal Medicine, General Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Minimally Invasive Surgery. Each is led by a section chief who is responsible for carrying out the strategy set for the section. The Department is ranked on the US News and World Report ‘best' list. Teaching and research are high priorities for the Department. The residency and fellowship programs are highly ranked and have a history of training leaders in healthcare. The Department also has a significant research enterprise, engaging in population health studies, as well as research conducted in wet laboratories on tumor biology and the mechanisms of hypertensive diseases in pregnancy. Additionally, the Section of Family Planning has established a unique research center, CI3, which focuses on reproductive policy and innovations in sexual and reproductive health. The section of Family Planning also runs a clinic for complex contraception and abortion services, called the Ryan Center, dedicated to serving patients with Medicaid or no health insurance coverage.
The Project Assistant IV will independently coordinate the administrative needs of the section of Family Planning and its faculty.
- Manage incoming referrals to the Ryan Center for contraception and abortion services.
- Work with scheduling staff to set appointments for patients who can be seen at UCM, provide referral information for patients needing care elsewhere
- Maintain excellent relationships and communication with physicians who refer to us and to programs where we refer patients
- Distribute letters to referring physicians
- Manage Ryan Center template – make reminder phone calls, report on confirmed patients, add patients from waiting list under clinic director's guidance
- Processing and tracking distribution of gift funds to support the operation of the Ryan Center – coordinate with UCPG to check spreadsheet of open accounts/cash payments/gift funds
- Manage Ryan Center work cue to ensure appropriate billing/coding/reimbursement
- Develop the section's monthly clinical calendar
- Ensure adequate number of required forms are available for clinic operation
- Monitor faculty's clinical schedules to ensure patients have been scheduled appropriately (peds/adolescent only,
- Managing the Section's web site
- Creating spreadsheets and databases to synthesize descriptive data, using Tableu or other tools
- Managing the logistics of fellowship interviews, special events, annual luncheons and conferences
- Work with fellowship director to meet all requirements/deadlines/reports for continued operation of the fellowship program
- Managing the calendar and scheduling meetings for the chief of the section and other faculty members as needed
- Paying vendors and processing check requisitions
- Arrange for travel/reimbursement using University's concur system. Meet University's expectations for timely submission of receipts, etc.
- Assist with the creation and production of externally-focused marketing pieces such as brochures and reports
- Manage and coordinate the development of special projects, lectures, presentations and academic writing
- Perform ongoing assessments of office organization and function, advising the Section Chief and Administrator of observed deficiencies
- Schedule section and clinic meetings, take and distribute minutes, follow up with assigned tasks
- Process all faculty appointment and reappointment documents, malpractice insurance (including offsites)
- Maintain faculty licenses, IL/IN, DEA, Controlled Substance, etc.
- Clear and consistent communication
- Collaborative approach to responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Balancing multiple responsibilities – asking for direction or assistance when needed
Salary Range: $ 19.37-$28.36
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of two years of administrative support or other related experience preferred
- Experience in a large academic or medical setting preferred
- Extensive relevant experience preferred, ideally in a complex, fast-paced office environment preferred
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Be able to use or learn a range of position-related software applications, including Epic & Tableau
- Skills to manage interpersonal relationships and interact/communicate with clarity, tact and courtesy with patrons, patients, staff, faculty, students and others required
- Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Experience working in and creating spreadsheets, documents and databases in MS Office, required
- Strong writing, editing, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to be proactive and work independently with some guidance and little supervision required
- Strong interest in women's reproductive rights preferred
- Ability to build and foster relationships with Section customers including patients, faculty, staff, physicians and donors required
- Experience in the area of web design and internet administration preferred
- Cover Letter
- Reference Contact Information upon request
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Please refer to Additional Requirement above to see the pay ranges
Scheduled Weekly Hours
024- Local 743, I.B.T. Clerical
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/