Assistant Director, Alumni & Event Management
Position Number 999003
Functional Title Assistant Director, Alumni & Event Management
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Assistant Director position incorporates two major areas of responsibility:
Events Management- The position is responsible for oversight and execution of highly visible strategic events targeted at the Bryan School's stakeholder audiences (including, but not limited to corporate partners, alumni, prospective students, current students, faculty and staff). Duties include:
- Planning and executing "best in class" events with an emphasis on documentation, communication (written and verbal), and managing courses of action.
- Assessing and effectively resolving issues and opportunities as they arise during events.
- Negotiating and executing agreements with vendors, as needed.
- Developing metrics to assess event success.
- Needed ability to perform duties and participate in events during evening and weekend hours, as necessary.
Alumni Relations- The position is responsible for the development and execution of programs, marketing, and communication processes that enhance and sustain strong alumni engagement. Efforts thereby support school advocacy, academic and student engagement, and recruitment with respect to the School's multiple stakeholders. Duties include:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive approach to alumni engagement. This includes planning and implementing programs to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni engagement.
- Motivating and supporting the volunteer-based Bryan School Alumni Association.
- As appropriate, traveling to areas of high alumni concentration to host cultivation events.
- Developing content for marketing and communications aimed at the alumni community, optimizing use of technology and social media.
- Maintaining a database of alumni information.
- Managing content of alumni page on Bryan School's website.
- Developing metrics to assess success of alumni engagement activities.
Other duties as assigned.
- A graduate degree OR a bachelor's degree with equivalent experience is required.
- A highly-engaging, extroverted personality with strong social skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, highly developed verbal and written communications skills along with a strong, team-based culture of performance. Strong public-speaking capabilities is essential.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines successfully, work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with a "service-oriented" customer focus. Attention to detail is a must.
- Proven ability to take direction, function independently and without a great deal of supervision. Knowledge and skills in planning, organizing, and problem-solving are necessary. Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while meeting schedules and deadlines effectively.
- Proven capability to create compelling marketing and communications content/campaigns with a working knowledge of various computing software programs and social media tools.
- Specific experience in organizing and implementing successful business or social events for large audiences.
- A master's degree in in business administration, hospitality/events management, marketing, and/or communications.
- Previous experience in venue operations and management or events management.
- Experience working with alumni organizations or alumni relations in the non-profit or higher education sectors.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The following materials are required:
- Cover letter, not to exceed one page, detailing personal qualifications as they relate to the position description.
- List of references, including a minimum of three individuals for contact.
Applicants are also invited to submit up to three letters of reference.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Dean's Office - Bryan School of B&E - 11801
Job Open Date 04/02/2018
For Best Consideration Date 04/12/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu