Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Hunter College, in addition to the duties listed in the CUNY Title Overview, the Admissions Specialist will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Assists the Associate Director in managing the Undergraduate Admissions application process to meet enrollment objectives
- Analyzes admissions yield and applicant data trends
- Assists the Associate Director in the development and completion of the department's assessment related projects
- Leads and supervises other staff where applicable.
- Monitors the admission processes for Health Science, Nursing and Social Work selective transfer programs
- Coordinates and reviews admission reconsideration requests
- Attends on and off campus events as assigned
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate must demonstrate:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; motivational writing experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage
- Ability to collaboratively interact as a member of a team
- Capacity to work efficiently and independently on multiple tasks
- A high level of organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility and resourcefulness working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of applicable software applications; CUNYFIRST/PeopleSoft and Hobson's CRM is a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supervises activities in an operational unit supporting Admissions and/or Enrollment.
- Oversees staff activities; plans and monitors employee scheduling and coverage and coordinates training
- Serves as liaison to one or more departments providing student support services, such as Financial Aid
- Coordinates selection process activities such as applications review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other CUNY areas
- Coordinates mailings and other communications
- Monitors activity and reports on both transactions and outcomes
- Completes projects to improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience, within the approved range for this position ($47,340-$68,351).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
The committee will review complete applications on February 12, 2018. The search will continue until an appropriate candidate is found.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: Admissions Specialist (Admissions and Recruitment, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 18122
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.