This position is the within the ORA Operations Team working with internal and external stakeholders to review new research administration proposals, awards, contracts and associated documents, data capture vital elements to each of these documents/packets, index and scan all documents/packets and route completed work product to Post Award. The ORA Operations Team is principally charged with ensuring that all documents/packets are handled timely, complete, assigned to the appropriate internal team member, reviewed/entered into the appropriate databases, scanned and properly routed.
• Analyze new projects and use independent judgment to assign projects to appropriate team members, consistent. This task requires detailed analysis, independent judgment and an understanding of UM and sponsor policies and procedures. Proper and timely assignment of new tasks is critical to adherence to sponsor deadlines, ORA workflow and customer satisfaction.
• Generate quality assurance reports and act upon same to ensure data is accurately stored in UM systems.
• Review intake materials, including University and sponsored forms to ensure accurate and complete. Make recommendations to ORA staff and internal/external customers based on this analysis.
• Create reports for ORA staff and make recommendations to ORA leadership regarding process improvements.
• Assess deadlines and assign projects based on prevailing team deliverables; reassign projects as needed.
• Input relevant information into UM databases and research management tools, including scanning as needed.
• Assist with coordination of applications and request for additional documentation as directed.
• Facilitate ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Route completed work product to appropriate stakeholders.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting with 2 years experience required.• Experience with sponsored research preferred.
• Experience with clinical research in academic or hospital setting preferred.
• Any appropriate combination of relevant education and/or work experience will be considered. Apply online. Position #P00016335
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>