The University of Miami Facilities Design & Construction Dept. is seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing complex University projects mostly under $10 million each. Oversees all aspects of project management, including administering and subcontracting agents, services, and professionals required for successful completion of the projects. The Project Manager will maintain direct supervision of project team and will maintain current and accurate project budget and schedules. Responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction, accurate communication with end users, administration and other team members. The Project Manager shall work to advance the University’s Common Purpose and exemplify the DIRECCT Values in all functions of the job.
The position reports to the Director, Facilities Design & Construction.
General Description of Duties and Requirements:
1. Plans, develops, administers and coordinates all functions, projects and services for a subdivision of a major University-wide designated unit that provides services for the University.
2. Responsibilities are executed under general direction, where goals and objectives of the designated subdivision are established and accomplished within prescribed time frame parameters.
3. Handles complex issues to problems for which new solutions must be found.
4. May direct and coordinate the activities for more than one unit through subordinate supervision.
5. Exercises full responsibility and accountability for schedule, budget, personnel and programs.
6. Reviews project design documents for compliance with UM design guidelines and other applicable codes, as well as for constructability.
7. Assist in the update of the University’s Master plans and design guidelines.
8. The utilization of Primavera Project Planner and minimum of six (6) years constructability experience.
Detailed Description of Duties Associated with this Position:
All regular functions are carried out on a project basis with projects assigned by the Director of Facilities Design & Construction including, but not limited to:
• Jointly plan, program, manage and assist in coordination of multiple capital and non-capital construction projects consistent with the goals and priorities of the university.
• Maintain continuous coordination and dialogue with the Architect/Engineer, user, and physical Plant to ensure university requirements are incorporated in the design of assigned projects.
• Manage all facets of assigned project from conception through design, construction permitting and User Occupancy, as necessary to guarantee a quality project on schedule and within budget.
• Prepare feasibility, constructability, and value engineering analysis from the concept stage of assigned projects.
• Carry out specialized review of drawings and specifications at each stage of deign completion to ensure quality and accuracy of plans, compliance with University Standards, project goals and objectives.
• Develop project contracting and bid strategy, and mange associated meetings.
Manage the construction, design and associated consultants contracts, and direct the interaction of Architects, Engineers, and Contractors during all phases of assigned projects.
• Maintain accurate project budgets, schedule (using P6 software), and quality management indicators. Participates in continuous improvement processes.
• Keep client informed of progress and change actions during the project on a weekly basis. Generate monthly status reports incorporating updated scheduled, cost projections, photos and status and prepare cost reports on a regular basis.
• Obtain technical base data and provide same to appropriate design entities (such as ground surveys, reference drawings, test and boring data) including “as-builts” and Facilities Condition Reports and provide same to appropriate design entities.
Assist Users with the securing of office furniture, telephones, keying & locks, moving, and all other components required to produce a “turn-key” project.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Work Experience:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Construction Management.
• Must have at least 10 years of experience in Architecture or Construction Management, as well as experience in Owner Project Management or Construction Contract Administration. Apply online. Position #P00001914
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>