The University of Miami Facilities Management Dept. is seeking a Painter who will maintain the physical assets of the University in as-new condition under the guidance of the Facilities Maintenance Program.
This is a skilled painter position in the maintenance and repair of University of Miami buildings, assets, and facilities. Oral and written instructions are received in English from the Customer Service department and/or the Facility Manager. The orders are processed as required to keep the campus secure and operational.
This position emphasizes teamwork and requires skilled work in the planning, scheduling, organizing of equipment, and inventory of materials provided by the Facilities department. This includes all phases of work, including construction, alteration, and maintenance of building systems and components.
Maintains records, files, logs, time sheets, vacation schedules, and component drawings. The painter will be a team player who will work closely with UM Facilities personnel internal customers and vendors. Will involve personnel matters such as safety, welfare, morale, grievances, discipline, employment, and training. This position interfaces with code inspectors and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with all aspects of regulations and compliance in University installations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates compliance with the Facilities Maintenance Program.
- Ensures the performance of the Preventative Maintenance program functions in a timely and thorough manner.
- Complies with all Policies and Procedures of the University of Miami. Adheres to all safety and environmental regulations.
- Requests training as needed in the areas of responsibility.
- Keeps to schedule and aids in the development of efficient planning.
- Keep thorough and up-to-date records on assigned activities & prep work such as: pressure cleaning, interior & exterior painting, plastering, stucco, and wallpaper. Must know how to install drywall, fill cavities and dents to attain smooth surfaces as well as moving switches and dials, appropriate taping of area. Provides all necessary maintenance and operations information in a timely manner.
- Must observe safety rules, regulations and proper handling of equipment Maintains neat, orderly working supplies with necessary tools, equipment, and materials.
- Position is considered to be essential personnel and must be able to perform outside normal working hours to include shift work, respond to after hour emergencies, call-backs, holiday coverages, weekends, or as required for the operational needs of the University.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to various duties associated with this trade and respond to work orders, trouble reports, perform workflow analysis through the computerized maintenance management system.
- Assures that work is performed to the highest quality at the best competitive price, & within the agreed time frame.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position reports to the Sr. Facilities Manager and will work under the direction of the Lead and/or Facilities Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have /provide documentation of formal training and or proven performance for three or more years of experience.
- This position is considered essential personnel.
- Willing and able to perform shift work, to respond to after hours emergency call-in, holidays, and to work with other crafts and work in environments out of normal duties as needed.
- Willing to work in adverse conditions (hot, dusty, cramped, wet, dirty, enclosed) work from heights and in areas where climbing is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively handle conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must have excellent people skills in order to build positive relationship with staff, customers and stakeholders.
- Must have proven emphasis on teamwork, cooperation, customer relations, and leadership in problem solving.
- Must have good leadership skills “Leads by Example”.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong prioritization, scheduling and delegation abilities.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Able to operate power equipment.
- Complies with and enforces the policies and procedures of Facilities Management; complies with and enforces all safety rules and requirements.
- Demonstrated skill in understanding and complying with verbal and written communications in English.
- Ability to work in a team environment as directed by the management of the Facilities department to provide a customer-oriented service group to meet the changing needs of the University environment.
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and must be able to meet the insurance requirements of the University of Miami, and have a good driving record.
- Has basic knowledge of computer skills (to include: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Must subscribe to the University’s Common Purpose and encompass the DIRECCT values and behaviors and Service Standards.
- Must subscribe to the Departmental Vision and to the Departmental Core Values:
- Quality Workmanship / Honesty, Integrity and Ethical Behavior / Respect for Each Other / Providing a high level of Customer Service, Customer Satisfaction
Must have sufficient physical ability, strength, manual dexterity, and lifting ability (i.e. to lift, move, or carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 20 feet).This includes but is not limited to handling equipment for specialist crafts, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, motors, pumps, air conditioning components, lighting fixtures and poles, concrete work, and carpentry. Must be able to work in conditions which are adverse (hot, dusty, cramped, wet, dirty, enclosed); work from heights and in areas where climbing is required up to 40 feet. An outline and frequency of these tasks is outlined below:
Physical Abilities: Amount of time spent in the following activities:
A. Lifting 1. Sedentary 10 lbs. maximum frequent
2. Light 20 lbs. maximum frequent
3. Medium 50 lbs. maximum frequent
4. Heavy 100 lbs. maximum some
5. Very Heavy 100 lbs. plus infrequent
B. Stooping frequent K. Pulling frequent
C. Kneeling frequent L. Climbing frequent
D. Crouching some M. Balancing frequent
E. Crawling infrequent N. Standing constant
F. Reaching constant O. Walking constant
G. Handling constant P. Twisting constant
H. Sitting frequent Q. Bending constant
I. Feeling constant R. Abnormal
J. Pushing frequent Posture someApply online. Position #P00009444
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>