The Development Director will work with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations and Development for the School of Business Administration (SBA) to develop and implement key fundraising strategies for the School of Business Administration’s top funding priorities. The Director will place a strong emphasis on developing a robust major gift donor pipeline in support of the SBA. Focus will also include fundraising projects and campaigns. Area of Focus: School of Business Administration Measurements of Success for Major Gift Fundraisers (DOs):
- Demonstrate significant and continuous progress toward campaign or multi-year project goals. Dollar goals established with supervisor.
- Reach departmental yearly cash fundraising goals (team goal). Dollar goals established with supervisor.
- Make an appropriate amount of substantive cultivation and solicitation actions toward closing gifts. Numbers established with supervisor.
- Reach individual yearly goals for “number and amounts solicited” and “number and amounts funded”. Reach additional goals as acting as a collaborator. Number established with supervisor.
- Manage an appropriate number of active prospects and active proposals. Number and amounts to be established with supervisor.
- Among the administrative and operational responsibilities, the Development Director of Major Gifts will:
- Identify prospective donors and funding sources, in conjunction with faculty and staff, and develop cultivation and solicitation plans, involving the aforementioned groups and volunteers, as appropriate.
- Develop and oversee a small cadre of volunteers whose purpose is to help identify, cultivate and solicit other prospective donors.
- Ensure regular communications and stewardship with donors, including re-solicitations, proper acknowledgement of gifts and pledge payments, reporting, visiting, and providing regular information on the progress of the departments.
- Prepare and maintain a master plan of funding priorities, in conjunction with above-mentioned leadership and staff. Determine fundable projects and package them appropriately for consideration by donors.
- Develop and implement an annual work plan with measurable objectives and courses of action for all relevant activities during the years.
- Make appropriate recommendations to administration, Chairpersons and appropriate faculty concerning their roles and involvement in the identification, cultivation, or solicitation of donor prospects. Facilitate face-to-face interactions with appropriate donor’s and prospects.
- Maintain communications with colleagues in other schools and central development to ensure effective collaborations and synergy in achieving the university’s key fundraising goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of SBA top fundraising priorities, both general and specific to various programs and departments.
- Document all contacts, communications, visits, and proposals in Raisers Edge and other appropriate donor files.
- Work with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations and Development to develop appropriate fundraising budgets and revenue projections for annual and campaign giving.
- Where appropriate and required, manage support staff, freelance, temporary employees and related volunteer organizations, as determined by senior management.
- Travel expectation: 30% - 50%
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>