The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and optimizing the work flows and processes of the systems and applications used by the Office of Research Administration. The Business Systems Analyst will assist in report design, automation, creative data visualization, dashboards, and distribution of reports and business intelligence analytics. This individual will also design, configure and test the relevant systems for tasks such as establishing electronic routing, approvals and submission of grant applications. Job Description
• Gather requirements regarding new and ad-hoc reporting requests, and determine feasibility and impact.
• Evaluate current reporting methods, recommend improvements, and implement new specialized reporting templates.
• Design, automate, and disseminate creative data visualizations, scorecards, dashboards, etc.
• Create, analyze, and manage distribution of reports and business intelligence analytics.
• Prepare ad-hoc and new reports requested.
• Extract data from various business application systems, and combine data sets to provide composite details.
• Work collaboratively with team members, functional leaders, subject matter experts, and end users to ensure project success.
• Review, assess and optimize current business processes and research administration systems as needed.
• Actively gather resources (including outside support as needed), solicit input and use various and creative problem solving techniques to identify solutions.
• Provide innovative recommendations for improving the functionality, reliability, and quality of services from applications.
• Provide support in creating and testing standard operating procedures, quality standards, version control, etc.
• Provide technical and functional support for designated business systems and applications.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred. • 3-4 years of information technology and project management work experience
• 2-3 years of analysis of business systems experience. Relevant combination of work experience and education will be considered.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>