The Assistant Director, digital strategy assists in the execution of web and graphic design and social media, digital, and online projects in furtherance of the department’s goal of generating new revenue while delivering exceptional customer service.This position will help advance an innovative digital communications plan through strategic use of new media including websites, social media, mobile technology, online advertising, email marketing and other related platforms. Responsibilities:
- Manages complex factors for which new solutions must be found and works in coordination with the Assistant Dean for External Affairs and the Director of Marketing & Communications administering policies, programs and functions for web, digital and multimedia efforts.
- Executes and maintains online revenue generating projects through digital campaigns, email marketing, social media campaigns, microsites, and web experiences that promote strategic initiatives.
- Produces unique graphical elements, including but not limited to, promotional flyers, info graphics, social media imagery, and wallpapers.
- Assists with live streaming production and creation, and facilitates the uploading and promotion of on-demand video features.
- Participates in the establishment of internet policies, directions, and standards.
- Maintains a consistent visual image and brand identity throughout all UM digital platforms.
- Coordinates, creates, and updates website content accurately and effectively.
- Researches, develops, and coordinates the creation of comprehensive editorial and graphic layouts for new sections or features on the website.
- Assists with the maintenance of social networking sites, keeps current knowledge of latest trends.
- Works on projects requiring or utilizing digital resources such as Marketo, Drupal and Hootsuite as well as e-Newsletters/ e-Comms for both external and internal communications.
- Works in coordination with Assistant Director of Web Services to create custom Drupal pages and other landing pages for promotion of conferences, courses or special events which are in need of additional strategic digital marketing.
- Strategizes, plans, designs and develops digital collateral including but not limited to banner ads for digital advertising, email marketing materials for campaigns and newsletters, landing pages, etc.
- Manages the designing, developing and implementing of strategic multimedia projects intended to improve prospective JD and LLM student recruitment efforts, enhance the overall current student experience and modernize the law school’s online and multimedia presence.
- Develops strategic communications to support recruitment goals for JD and LLM programs that work in concert with other online and offline efforts.
- Coordinates and executes social media campaigns across multiple channels that work in concert with other online marketing efforts.
- Generates reports and analyzes data from tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and official social media sites to improve performance of digital collateral and web pages.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to external and internal clients, partners and customers.
- Goals and objectives are established and accomplished under the direction of the Assistant Dean for External Affairs and in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Assistant Director for Web Services.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>