The Division of Enrollment Management has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director, Admissions. Under the direction of the Senior Associate Director for Undergraduate Admission, the Assistant Director will assist the Office of Undergraduate Admission with recruiting, selecting, and enrolling a dynamic class of first-year students to the University of Miami.
Specifically, the Assistant Director will be expected to travel domestically for a period of up to six weeks to visit high schools, conduct information sessions, attend college fairs, and build relationships with counselors.
The Assistant Director will also be responsible for:
1. General office duties, which include: rotating with other counselors in serving as “Admission Officer of the Day” (meet with walk-in visitors, handle phone calls, and give presentations to guests who will be going on tours).
2. Evaluating applications for admission based on the University’s recruiting goals and standards, and counseling parents, applicants, and high school counselors regarding the University of Miami’s admission policies and procedures.
3. Will be expected to attend all admission events (open houses, admitted student events, scholarship competition weekends); as such, some evening and weekend work is required.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred.
• At least one to two years of professional experience within higher education.
• Must possess excellent presentation, communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills.
• Must have the ability to work independently, as well as with teams of colleagues, and possess the aptitude for detail oriented tasks.
• Must also possess strong time management skills and have the ability to prioritize and balance responsibilities.
• Willingness to work hours which include some evenings and weekends.
• Valid Driver's License.
Apply online. Position #: P100005770.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>