Specialist - Advisor-Continuing
This position will serve as an academic advisor to undergraduate students in the College of Education majoring in Teacher Education or Kinesiology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advise special student populations such as student athletes, Honors College students, and students considering education abroad;
- Participate in a full range of student affairs activities, including academic orientation programs (AOP), student recruitment and special events, degree clearance and maintenance of academic records.
Masters -Student Affairs, Higher EducationMinimum Requirements
- Master's degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, or a related field;
- Two years of experience as academic advisor in university setting;
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, technical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures, electronic advising tools (e.g., SIS, ESAF, Degree Navigator, Student Success Dashboard), university resources and study abroad programs;
- Experience related to improving student success, including work with low-income and first generation college students;
- Approach to advising that is holistic and developmental (e.g., coaching to develop students who are purposeful, aware of how their purpose fits in the world and confident about crossing boundaries);
- Familiarity/experience with College of Education majors;
- Ability to establish rapport across ethnic, racial, cultural and gender differences.
Please include letter of application, resume/CV, and names/contact information for three professional references. References will be contacted if requested by the department.Special Instructions
Review of applications will begin April 16, 2018 and continue until position is filled.
Please direct questions to Search Committee Chair Kristy Dumont at [email protected]