Leadership Gifts Officer
The development team is growing in preparation for a comprehensive campaign, including the expansion of our leadership gifts staff. The LGO is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects and donors; maximizing capital gifts to the college; establishing long-term relationships with major donors; working in collaboration with other offices of development to meet the college's fund-raising objectives.
This is an exempt position requiring time commitment necessary to satisfactorily complete job requirements. Hours are primarily Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm often with work after 5:00 pm or weekends. Frequent travel required.Bachelor's degree required.
* Ability to cultivate and build superior relationships with high end donors for purposes of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts to the college.
* Frequent coordination with other offices of development and college relations.
* Excellent writing and speaking skills are necessary.
* The ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time is required.
* Strong organizational skills and analytical skills.
* Familiarity with computer systems and the willingness to use those systems.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a member of a team.
* Absolute confidentiality, professionalism and discretion required.
* Commitment to the mission and goals of Bowdoin College.
* An understanding and a belief that fund-raising is a team sport.
5+ years of development/fund-raising or related experience required with a strong preference for experience in leadership gift work.
* A valid Driver's license and the ability to meet the requirements of the College's Motor Vehicle Use Policy required.