Lecturer - Creating a Pool
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-13-2018
In anticipation of possible openings through the 2018-2019 academic year, University College seeks to create a pool of qualified applicants interested in teaching IDS 128. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
This course is designed to assist first-year students in any field of study with successfully transitioning and thriving in college and career. Students in the course will receive guidance on key factors that impact their transition and success in college and beyond. These include self-exploration, utilizing campus resources, building research skills, identifying and strengthening transferable competencies, networking and community involvement, participating in a global society, and exploring and preparing for educational and career goals. This course will assist the student to develop, utilize and apply the skills needed for success in college and beyond.
-Participate in training
-Participate in bi-weekly instructor meetings
-Meet weekly to plan with peer instructor
-Hold office hours each week
-Attend each class session
-Communicate regularly with program coordinator, peer instructor and associate director
This position is represented by the non-tenure track faculty association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills
3. Ability and experience working with diverse populations of college-age students and peers
4. Working knowledge of basic office technology (ReggieNet, Office 365, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
5. Demonstrated experience in working with college-age students, faculty and departmental staff
6. Strong knowledge of the ISU campus, including culture, resources and disciplines
1. Master's Degree
2. College level teaching or tutoring experience.
3. Prior experience working with FTIC students
4. Employed by ISU or previously employed by ISU
5. Understand challenges facing college students today
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.