Non-Tenure Track Faculty
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-14-2017
In anticipation of possible openings throughout the academic year and summer sessions, the Department of Educational Administration & Foundations invites a pool of qualified persons interested in non-tenure-track teaching positions. Applications are accepted continuously for part-time, non-tenure-track positions and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
Teach graduate P12 students on campus, off campus and online.
Collaborate with other professional colleagues to create a positive learning environment.
Teach in a cohort model designed to maximize student success and relational leadership among the students.
Inspire leadership among the students assigned to teach and others whom you encounter.
Assess student academic progress, and submit all grades within the required University timelines.
Model emotional intelligence for aspiring school leaders.
These positions are represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Master's degree in related field.
2. Candidates must be able to demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position, as mandated by state law.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
We seek candidates whose professional backgrounds include some of the following:
1. Strong background in P12 Education Administration.
2. Experience with or work in U.S. Public Schools.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of Strategic Planning, Implementation, and Monitoring.
4. Exhibit an understanding of continual School Improvement.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of School Finance.
6. Exhibit a general understanding of School Law, Board Policy, and Administrative Procedures.
7. Experience in the design and delivery of Professional Development.
8. Experience with collective bargaining and contract development.
9. Exhibit an understanding of Human Resource Processes and Procedures.
10. Demonstrate the ability to build consensus and leadership capacity within others.
12. Trained in the Charlotte Danielson appraisal system.
13. Strong disciplinary background in educational studies.
14. Demonstrate a strong sense of ethics and professional depositions.
15. Experience using a variety of technologies to design and deliver instruction and/or willingness to learn
16. Knowledge and application of adult learning theory
17. Willingness to collaborate in among higher education faculty and regional partners.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.