Coordinator, Service Area
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-06-2017
University Housing Services at Illinois State University is seeking energized Service Area Coordinator applicants who are excited to lead teams toward our goals of Connecting Students, Building Relationships and Inspiring Futures. Illinois State University has consistently ranked in the top 100 public schools in the country according to U.S. News & World Report. ISU is located in the township of Normal, IL adjacent to its sister city Bloomington, IL. These twin cities are ranked as a top 50 college town and are located equidistant between Chicago and St. Louis, with each being within a 2 hour drive. We encourage you to review these websites to learn more about what our community may have to offer you.
The Service Area Coordinator position is a 12 month, live-in position that oversees the operation of a Service Area. Service Areas are responsible for the management of mail, keys, facilities, fitness centers and campus tours. Each community is unique in its operation and could be a single desk operation or up to four distinct service areas. SACs supervise up to 70 student administrative staff. SACs serve in a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to administrative and crisis concerns, serve on a standing departmental committee, and complete all administrative tasks as assigned. You can review a full job description and learn more about the position and our team on the University Housing Services website: https://housing.illinoisstate.edu/about/employment/.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Valid driver's license
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Two (2) years part-time administrative work in the residence halls or campus activities is preferred.
2. Office administrative skills; competent computer and Microsoft Office skills.
3. Strong problem solving skills.
4. Ability to provide student-centered and customer service orientation.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
6. Ability to accept change with a positive attitude.
7. Flexibility and adaptability to shift from one task to another.
8. Sensitivity to multi-cultural issues and supports a diverse environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.