Coordinator, Residence Hall
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-06-2017
University Housing Services at Illinois State University is seeking energized Residence Hall Coordinator applicants who are excited to lead teams toward our goals of Connecting Students, Building Relationships and Inspiring Futures. Illinois State University has consistently ranked in the top 100 public schools in the country according to U.S. News & World Report. ISU is located in the township of Normal, IL adjacent to its sister city Bloomington, IL. These twin cities are ranked as a top 50 college town and are located equidistant between Chicago and St. Louis, with each being within a 2 hour drive. We encourage you to review these websites to learn more about what our community may have to offer you.
The Residence Hall Coordinator (RHC) position is a 12 month, live-in position that oversees the operation of a residential community. Each community is unique in its operation and could be a standalone building or a specific set of floors within a larger complex. Residence Hall Coordinators supervise a Graduate Assistant and a group of RAs ranging from nine to sixteen. As a team, this group implements a community development strategy for their assigned area. RHCs serve in a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to administrative and crisis concerns, serve on a standing departmental committee, advise either an Area Government or an Area Diversity Coalition, and complete all administrative tasks as assigned. As part of the community development strategy, RHCs will adjudicate low-level conduct cases from their communities and mediate conflicts as they arise. For a full job description of the RHC role, and to learn more about our team, please go to the University Housing Services Website: https://housing.illinoisstate.edu/about/employment/.
We will be holding screening interviews for interested candidates via phone, at the Oshkosh Placement Exchange in Oshkosh, WI (Mailbox 2061) and at The Placement Exchange in Philadelphia, PA (Employer ID 26229). If you are planning to attend one of these conferences, please indicate your candidate ID number in your cover letter. In order to be considered for an interview at TPE or OPE, an application must first be submitted on the human resources website.
1. Master's degree (US equivalent) and at least two years part-time administrative experience at time of hire.
2. Valid driver's license.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree in College Student Personnel or related area of study.
2. Office Administrative skills; competent computer and Microsoft office skills.
3. Strong problem solving skills.
4. Ability to provide student-centered and customer service orientation.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
6. Ability to accept change with a positive attitude.
7. Flexibility and adaptability to shift from one task to another.
8. Sensitivity to multi-cultural issues and supports a diverse environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.