Area Coordinator, Residential Life
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-06-2017
University Housing Services at Illinois State University is seeking energized Area Coordinator applicants who are excited to lead teams toward our goals of Connecting Students, Building Relationships and Inspiring Futures. Illinois State University has consistently ranked in the top 100 public schools in the country according to U.S. News & World Report. ISU is located in the township of Normal, IL adjacent to its sister city Bloomington, IL. These twin cities are ranked as a top 50 college town and are located equidistant between Chicago and St. Louis, with each being within a 2 hour drive. We encourage you to review these websites to learn more about what our community may have to offer you.
The Area Coordinator position is a 12 month, live-in position that oversees the operation of on residential area of campus. Area Coordinators are mid-level professionals that supervise up to 5 Residence Hall Coordinators, 1 Service Area Coordinator and 1 Administrative Support Staff an indirectly up to 5 Graduate Assistants. ACs serve in a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to professional staff inquiries and major campus crises, chair a standing departmental committee, and become competent in a computer software used by UHS among other responsibilities. You can review a full job description and learn more about the position and our team on the University Housing Services website: https://housing.illinoisstate.edu/about/employment/.
1. Master's degree (US equivalent).
2. At least three years of full-time (post Masters) experience in residence halls required at time of hire.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Ability to provide direct supervision and leadership to full time residence hall staff members
2. Office Administrative skills; competent computer and Microsoft office skills.
3. Strong problem solving skills.
4. Ability to provide student-centered and customer service orientation.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
6. Ability to accept change with a positive attitude.
7. Flexibility and adaptability to shift from one task to another.
8. Sensitivity to multi-cultural issues and supports a diverse environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.