Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-07-2017
Within limits and plans of clinical work flow and as delegated by the medical director, supervise patient care to assure that medically indicated treatments are implemented and completed. Staff physicians function as the principal health care providers and are medically, ethically, and legally responsible for the care of patients at the Illinois State University Student Health Service. To provide or, when designated as a team leader, to oversee the provision of high quality primary health care to patients determined to be eligible by policy, rule, or contract, referring others for specialty care, and participating in duties necessary to the functioning of the Student Health Service.
1. Licensed physician
2. Initial Board certification in an appropriate medical specialty
3. Subsequent board recertification is highly encouraged
4. Three years of experience in the practice of ambulatory primary care medicine
5. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Medical Professional Degree (MD, DO)
2. Board eligible or board certified in a primary care specialty
3. One year of experience in a college or university student health clinic or center
4. One year experience in the use of electronic health records systems
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.