Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 02-16-2018
Candidates will be assigned at least four classes possibly including geometry, algebra and algebra 2. Responsibilities also include working with Illinois State University students in teacher education programs, engaging students with 1:1 technology, and evaluating mastery through the use of standards-based grading and alternative assessment practices. The position will include direct mentoring of university clinical experience students in the classroom. Collaborative efforts in research, curriculum development, and service are encouraged. Dedicated professionals with enthusiasm, strong work ethic, and a desire to work with a diverse population of students are encouraged to apply. University High School is a service unit of the College of Education of Illinois State University. It offers a comprehensive program of instruction for students in grades 9-12.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Type 09 Teaching Certification or equivalent
3. 3 years teaching experience
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree
2. Preference given to candidates with experience
3. Experience or proven interest in research, publication, and/or professional development activities is preferred.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.