Instructional Assistant Professor - Jazz Guitar
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-07-2018
Position: Instructional Assistant Professor of Jazz Guitar, part-time, nine-month, non-tenure-track. This position is represented by the non-tenure track faculty association and may have associated dues or fees.
Duties: Teach undergraduate and graduate applied jazz guitar. In addition, the successful candidate may be assigned other duties based on individual strengths and the needs of the School of Music.
Salary: Salary based upon qualifications and experience.
1. Master of Music or a degree in a closely related field.
2. Demonstrable ability in jazz guitar performance.
3. Candidates must be able to demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position, as mandated by state law.
4. If this position is security sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Successful teaching experience at the collegiate level
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.