Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-27-2018
Illinois State University is in the midst of the public phase of a $150 million comprehensive campaign. Redbirds Rising: The Campaign for Illinois State was announced this past fall and has secured more than $115 million to date in support of the University's strategic plan and vision for the future. With campaign pillars identified to support students, leadership, and innovation Illinois State is seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and accomplished professional as Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will identify corporate and foundation prospects, develop strategic external relationships, solicit major gift proposals ($25,000+), secure commitments, and steward private institutional funding to benefit the University. The Director will work with the vice president for University Advancement as well as the provost, deans, faculty, staff, and development colleagues to promote strategic initiatives that enhance external gift support.
The position reports to the assistant vice president for Development.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Minimum of three years successful professional experience.
3. Experience with corporation and foundation relations within the context of fundraising, or equivalent experience in other fields that demonstrate the capacity for corporate and foundation fundraising success.
4. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
5. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
6. Ability to develop strategy as well as solicit prospects.
7. Ability to work as a team member within a University environment.
8. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Professional experience in higher education or not-for-profit organizations.
2. Experience with grant and proposal writing at appropriate levels.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.