Instructional Assistant Professor
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-20-2018
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences is seeking team-oriented candidates for a non-tenure track instructional assistant professor position in Human Development and Family Science beginning on August 16, 2018. The anticipated appointment is 100% teaching. The Department is seeking candidates who will demonstrate their commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education. This is a nine-month position with potential for summer employment. This position is represented by the non-tenure track faculty association and may have associated dues or fees.
Teach undergraduate courses, including General Education and FCS core courses to students in multiple majors.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with professional experience and preparation.
1. Master's in Family Science, Human Development, or closely related field.
2. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to teach a variety of undergraduate courses in a Human Development and Family Science program, including Introduction to Family and Consumer Sciences, American Family: Change and Diversity, Resource Management for Individuals and Families, and Professional Leadership in Family and Consumer Sciences.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
4. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
1. Previous teaching experience in family science and human development courses.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make effective public presentations.
3. Able to work independently, but also work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.