Instructional Assistant Professor
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 02-15-2018
Position: Instructional Assistant Professor of Music Education, full-time, nine-month, non-tenure-track. This position is represented by the non-tenure track faculty association and may have associated dues or fees.
Duties: Teach undergraduate music education courses in the areas of (a) elementary and secondary general music, (b) introduction to music education, and (c) foundations of music education. In addition, the successful candidate may be assigned other duties based on individual strengths and the needs of the School of Music.
Salary and Benefits: Salary based upon qualifications and experience. Full-time benefits include retirement, health, dental, and eye-care insurance.
1. Master of Music in music education or a closely related field.
2. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of (a) multiple pedagogical methods for elementary (e.g., Orff, Kodaly, Dalcroze) and secondary general music, (b) P-12 music curriculum and assessment, and (c) the edTPA.
3. Applicants should have the ability to develop partnerships with the University Lab Schools and other P-12 schools in the area.
4. Candidates must be able to demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position, as mandated by state law.
5. If this position is security sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. A doctorate in music education and successful teaching experience at the collegiate level.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.