Lecturer - Construction Materials Technology
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-21-2018
The Illinois State University Department of Technology is seeking an adjunct faculty to teach one section of TEC 292 Construction Materials Technology course during the Fall 2018 semester. This undergraduate lecture/lab class covers some of the widely used construction materials with an emphasis on mechanical/physical properties and standardized testing procedures. This course is scheduled to be taught on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:00 PM to 6:50 PM.
This position is represented by the non-tenure track faculty association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Master's degree in construction management or construction/civil/architectural engineering with a Bachelor's degree in the same areas (substantial work experience with Bachelor's degree in lieu of a Master's will be considered).
2. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Academic preparation and work experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: civil engineering, construction management, or related field.
2. Additional experience in construction project management is desirable.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.