Director of International Admissions
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-23-2018
INTO ISU is a joint venture between ISU and INTO University Partnerships and is an initiative to increase the number of international students at ISU and to assist the university in meeting its internationalization goals. The Director of International Admissions will assist international students applying to ISU in a variety of programs: Undergraduate and Graduate Pathways; Academic English programs; special short term programs; undergraduate and select graduate direct entry programs.
The individual in this position oversees the successful admission of eligible students to ISU and is responsible for maintaining ethical recruitment standards, representing the University's and INTO North America's interests specifically in areas related to the University's admission process, developing admissions guidelines for international students based on established requirements and knowledge of educational systems abroad and continuously striving to improve operational systems, processes and policies in support of ISU's internationalization goals as they relate to the recruitment and admission of international students.
This is a new position in the growing and dynamic INTO Illinois State University (INTO ISU) Center. Duties and scope may change as the INTO ISU center and this role evolves from the start-up phase to continuous operations. We expect the candidate to help build the organization with a focus on achieving operational excellence.
1. Master's degree, or Bachelor's degree with 3 years of management-level experience
2. Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects to completion.
3. Strong staff management skills.
4. Previous experience in international admissions
5. Ability to implement new services and programs while maintaining existing services and programs.
6. Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills, and high degree of professionalism.
7. Highly collaborative; proven record of results-based leadership.
8. Experience in a leadership role within a fast-paced environment.
9. Significant experience working in a university environment.
10. Knowledge of information systems
11. Demonstrated ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
12. Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and when necessary, with minimal resources
13. Strong analytical and decision making skills
14. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Prior experience working with an international student population
2. Knowledge of international education systems
3. Demonstrated skills in planning, prioritizing, and leading central initiatives.
4. Experience with public/private partnerships.
5. Knowledge of Salesforce, Peoplesoft, or similar systems
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.