Invitation to Apply:
William Paterson University Business Services invites applications for a full-time Finance Manager responsible for the successful oversight and functioning of general financial administration.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Opportunities to Contribute: The role of Finance Manager makes a vital contribution to the University by ensuring that all streams of financial activity are identified and accounted for in a timely and accurate manner. Transparency of University financial activities is of great importance, and this role is critical for that accomplishment. The University community relies on data and information produced by Business Services; and this role will ensure its reliability. The person in this role will contribute to a successful department by employing team-centric practices, interfacing productively with other units of the department, and demonstrating inclusive and constructive leadership.
- Manages and performs routine monthly financial reconciliations including but not limited to bank accounts, investment portfolios and various asset and liability general ledger accounts.
- Performs financial processes to include but are not limited to bank/investment reconciliations, journal entry processing, financial analysis, capital and fixed asset transactions
- Supervises staff, including annual goal-setting and performance evaluations.
- Conducts financial analysis and transaction history research as needed.
- Administers the check voiding processes.
- Plays an important role in the determination and implementation of best practices, including optimization of work efficiencies and internal controls.
- Customer service: receives and processes instructions from other University departments for journal entries and/or assists in transaction processing.
- Develops and maintains familiarity with policies relevant to the department operations (purchasing policy and others).
- Maintains written up-to-date procedures manual of primary responsibilities including the steps performed in each process.
- Communicates clearly both orally and in written communication to clients, colleagues, and supervisor. Articulates complex problems and devises/proposes solutions when needed.
- Uses spreadsheets and other software tools to perform assigned responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business, or field related to the position.
- Minimum of three (3) years of financial analysis and/or financial administrative experience.
- Demonstrated strength in analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Firm grasp of Microsoft Excel and ability to use and execute advanced Excel functions to work with high volumes and complex data.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Invitation to apply:Please click to Apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:Complete an application Submit a cover letter and resume Provide names/contacts of three professional references. Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration. If you have any general questions related to this search please email [email protected] William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.