Head Coach Men's Golf
Position Title: Head Coach Men's Golf
Department: Athletics - 25900
Vacancy Number: E253
Position Number: 8527
Location of Workplace: Main UNCW Campus
Brief Summary of Work for this Position:
The University of North Carolina Wilmington is seeking applicants for the position of Head Coach, Men’s Golf. UNCW is a NCAA Division I program and member of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA).
The Head Coach, Men’s Golf, will oversee, develop, organize, and direct a strategically competitive program. This includes:
• Responsibility for the overall coaching, management and administration of the program to include evaluating and recruiting, supervising academic progress and promoting the graduation of student-athletes
• Administering and teaching all phases of training and fundamentals for a successful program in accordance with NCAA, CAA, and UNCW’s rules and regulations
• Developing quality student-athletes within a successful program while maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism
• Maintaining a high level of public contact with administrators, faculty, staff, student-athletes, high school coaches, parents, alumni, and media
• Participating in and supporting department and program fundraising, promotional and public relations events, campus and community outreach and service projects
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years of coaching experience including 1 year of Division I experience
• Proven success in recruiting, evaluating, and coaching at the collegiate level
• Demonstrated skill in developing, inspiring and motivating student-athletes academically and athletically, with a proven record of integrity and high principles
• Outstanding leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Proven Division I coaching/recruiting experience
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
The UNCW Department of Athletics sponsors 19 varsity sports and competes in the NCAA Division I as a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. UNCW Athletics primary purpose is to produce a competitive and successful sports program while abiding by NCAA, CAA and institutional rules and regulations. UNCW Athletics has a strong commitment to gender equity and diversity, while promoting a greater sense of integrity, leadership, sportsmanship and ethical behavior to the overall campus dynamic.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. A public institution with nearly 16,500 students, the university is known for its superb faculty and staff and powerful academic experience. With an array of high-quality programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is consistently recognized at a national level for academic excellence and affordability by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and The Business Journals. UNCW also recently earned the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, bestowed to higher education institutions dedicated to community involvement.
UNC Wilmington actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Months Per Year: 11A (Aug-June)
Position Type: Permanent
Job Posting Date: 03/29/2018
Priority Consideration Date: 04/28/2018
Priority Consideration Information: Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.