10005404 - Associate Director, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach
Associate Director, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Associate Director, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach in the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the AVP, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach, the Associate Director, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach will be responsible for assisting the Assistant Vice President with the overall administration and management of the team, including all file review, verification, resolution of conflicting information, preparation of reports and records to ensure fiscal accountability, and providing staff technical guidance on current federal and state regulations and institutional policies and practices. The Associate Director will also participate in collaborative efforts to evaluate and organize office workflow, develop and monitor interdepartmental processes and update office policies and procedures.
The Associate Director is responsible for assisting in the overall operations of the team including scheduling and workforce management. The Associate Director will serve as the primary point of contact for all workflows and reports related to the CRM, Salesforce.com, and serve as the primary liaison for the Service Center. The Associate Director will also be responsible for oversight of all communication and outreach activities, including management of the Financial Aid website, publications and marketing.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist the Assistant Vice President with the overall administration and management of the Student Services and Outreach team, including all file review, verification, resolution of conflicting information, preparation of reports and records to ensure fiscal accountability, and providing staff technical guidance on current federal and state regulations and institutional policies and practices.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all workflows and reports related to the CRM, Salesforce.com, and serve as the primary liaison for the Service Center. Develop recommendations for the overall strategic direction of Student Services & Outreach Unit, leveraging customer service best practices, data analysis and operational capabilities.
- Oversight and creation of all communication and outreach activities, including content development for the Financial Aid website, publications and serve as a liaison with Marketing. Ensures that all federal requirements for consumer information are met and published.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal Title IV regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid and develop and present strategic training to internal and external staff members on all aspects of financial aid.
- Collaborate with the AVP of FA Student Services and Outreach to analyze current business processes and outcomes to drive opportunities for improvement in the areas of customer service and processing for the Financial Aid Office. Additionally, counsel and advise students and parents on financial aid processes/eligibility.
- Student Services and Outreach unit special projects and other job-related duties as assigned or directed by management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of progressive managerial experience in student aid, higher education administration.
- Financial aid experience in a higher education, working with both traditional and non-traditional populations
- Strong working knowledge of systems and data processing techniques for automated systems
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management and problem solving skills
- Be able to document work clearly, make independent decisions and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Work accurately and quickly with attention to detail
- Strong commitment to customer service
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.