Academic Search, Inc. is accepting applications for an Associate Consultant. This is a remote position and the position is available immediately.
The Associate Consultant is a part-time, 1099 contractor that works from his/her own home or office. The role of the Associate Consultant is primarily to partner with Senior Consultants in an administrative support role. While Senior Consultants manage the search, and are the primary contact with the client, the Associate Consultant undertakes research, prepares written documents, processes candidate materials, coordinates details for interviews, and facilitates background checks and degree verifications on finalists. The highest ethical standards are paramount and attention to detail is critical.
In addition to understanding best practices in the recruitment and vetting of candidates, the Associate Consultant should possess, at a minimum:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree preferred
- Work experience at a college, university or higher education related organization is strongly preferred including an understanding of higher education
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Significant computer skills including a strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to represent the firm in a variety of settings with presence, eloquence, and warmth
- High energy and integrity
- A willingness to work remotely with a Washington, DC-based staff and senior consultants across the country and in various time-zones.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Adeptness as working with different personalities and the quirks of a distributed work team that interacts with various campus communities
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work as needed to complete projects
- Ability to adapt to new technology systems
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Access to the internet and a reliable computer
ACADEMIC SEARCH, INC.
From its beginning in 1976, Academic Search had the ambitious goal of providing colleges and universities with highly professional, individually focused search services modeled on best practices in other sectors which, at the time, was a new concept in higher education. Academic Search has written the book on how to recruit the best and brightest academic leaders through a process that fosters a successful appointment.
Academic Search is the wholly owned subsidiary of the American Academic Leadership Institute (AALI), a not-for-profit organization that provides leadership identification, development, and support programs to academic leaders in various administrative positions across all sectors of higher education.
Additional information about Academic Search can be found at www.academic-search.com.
This will be an independent contract for the firm under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Technology and Research Services. There are no benefits available as an independent contractor.
While the position will remain open until filled, only applications received by April 25, 2018, can be assured full consideration.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter that describes your interest in joining Academic Search, Inc. detailing how you meet the basic qualifications and professional skills required.
- Complete curriculum vitae or resume
- Names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references. No references will be contacted without explicit permission of the candidate.
Applications can be submitted electronically, and in confidence, to Shawn Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Search, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical disabilities, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.