Director of Graduate Admissions
Director of Graduate Admissions
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 03/16/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/15/18 11:59 PM
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
POSITION SUMMARY & DESCRIPTION:
This is a non represented management position. Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for the position of Director of Graduate Admissions in Enrollment Management.
IUP's Director of Graduate Admissions will lead and coordinate recruitment efforts for over 50 graduate programs by developing and implementing data-driven operational and strategic plans. The director will partner with faculty coordinators, the division of marketing and communications, admissions operations, and the AVP for graduate enrollment management to attain and support IUP's graduate enrollment goals. The director will inform admissions practices and policies that are based on national best practices. The successful candidate will have knowledge of marketing principles, best practices and techniques, and practical use of these relative to graduate student recruitment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years experience in recruiting and admissions in a higher education setting
- Valid Driver's License
- Master's Degree
- Graduate level experience
- Experience drafting, executing and assessing an annual recruitment plan
- Proficiency with current technologies such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution
- Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
- Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
- Job Bulletin https://agency.schooljobs.com//iupedu/default.cfm?action=jobbulletin&JobID=2008681[3/16/2018 1:20:39 PM]
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume, names and email addresses of three references submitted in this online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/iupedu.
Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
Official transcripts will be required prior to hire for the selected candidate.
Applications must be received no later than April 15, 2018.
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation.
Employees in their probationary period will not be given consideration for interviews. All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks. Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.