Specialist Series - Center on Stress & Health
Open April 2nd, 2018 through June 30th, 2018
The Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Care at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center invites applications for a position in the specialist series.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and motivated person who works well with others and who has some understanding of clinical research. Rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience. The position is 100% time and the salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For information about the UCI Center on Stress & Health, please visit: http://centeronstressandhealth.hs.uci.edu/
REQUIREMENTS: Applications are sought from B.A. /B.S. degreed candidates, preferably in psychology or related disciplines. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred. Candidates should be interested in cutting-edge research in the field of pediatric behavioral health. The UCI Center on Stress & Health is a collaborative group from diverse areas in medicine and psychology and represents a unique opportunity to experience multi-disciplinary research to understand how psychology can have tremendous influence in the medical field.
Projects involve examining pediatric pain and anxiety in children undergoing cancer treatment and surgery, parent-child interactions, the role of culture and ethnicity in the experience of pain and anxiety in the medical setting, and the use of complementary and alternative medicine for the management of anxiety and pain in children.
TO APPLY: please visit the UC Irvine Recruit website located at:https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04554
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of children/parents in both Spanish and English to various research studies at CHOC Children's Hospital
- Obtaining informed consent and data collection in both Spanish and English
- Preparation and submission of study protocols to CHOC and UCI IRBs
- Data entry and coding
- Preparation of study recruitment and questionnaire documents
- Research collaboration with health care providers and researchers from various backgrounds (medicine, technology)
- Communication of study progress with the research team
- Training and oversight of undergraduate research interns
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now