Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Life, Student Affairs
Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Life, Student Affairs – Requisition # 18000000GZ
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Life will assist the Vice Chancellor in creating a vision for the Division. This position supports student personal, academic and social development and the retention, progression, and graduation of students.
This position serves in a senior leadership capacity and serves in the absence of the Vice Chancellor when necessary.
- Assisting the Vice Chancellor in policy making and personnel decisions for departments within the division.
- Contributing to student retention initiatives by guiding and leading various offices in Student Development to establish strong student connections to the University that assists in addressing and resolving their problems and concerns.
- Directly supervising Student Activities, Multicultural Affairs, Center for Women & Gender Equity, Campus Recreation, and the University Center by providing oversight of programs and events designed to create a vibrant and healthy campus life and spirit for students at UTC.
- Serving as one of the primary on-call persons for the division; serving on the campus-wide crisis response team; assisting students in crisis situations.
- Advising and ensuring that student organizations are supportive of the educational mission of the University and represents the student voice on committees; advising high impact groups which participate in the Student Governance of the University.
- Coordinating various internal and external outreach efforts for the division including special projects and initiatives and fundraising opportunities.
- Overseeing student activity fee budgets and Student Development budgets.
- Coordinating personnel matters including hiring and evaluations.
- Providing fair and prompt resolution to organizational management issues in collaboration with campus and/or system partners.
- Serving as a liaison with other divisions on campus by serving on university-wide committees and initiatives.
Master’s degree required; Doctoral degree preferred. Must have 10 years of higher education/student affairs experience; must have 8 years of administrative experience; must have 2 years of senior level experience as a Dean, Assistant/Associate Vice President, Assistant/Associate Vice Chancellor. Must have the ability to lead a changing and dynamic organization with creativity and compassion. Must be skilled in conflict resolution, crisis/risk management. Must have extensive experience in student leadership program development and implementation. Must be able to hire and lead a professional staff. Must have knowledge of budget management. Must be knowledgeable about assessment and data driven decision making. Direct management or supervision of direct report areas (Student Activities, Multicultural Affairs, Women’s/Gender Equity Center, University Center, Campus Recreation) is preferred. Extensive knowledge of Greek Life is preferred. Schedule requires frequent evening and occasional weekend and overnight travel is required.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000GZ
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.