WIDA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 94016-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Communications, Editing, Training, Employee Development, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94016-AS
Working Title: WIDA Professional Development Specialist
Official Title: SR OUTREACH SPEC(S92BN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's Degree required in ESL or Bilingual Education.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 2 years facilitation experience in providing professional development experiences focused on language learners in a variety of educational contexts, including teachers, administrators and other educational leaders.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience teaching in K-12, or ESL/bilingual teaching experience required.
* Experience in planning professional learning with State Education Agencies.
* Training Of Trainers Facilitation experience focused on supporting multilingual learners.
* Must be bi-lingual and bi-literate.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally via plane and/or automobile 75% time.
* Ability to set up remote office with reliable high speed Wi-Fi connection.
* Experience using, implementing and/or delivering standards and assessments; deep knowledge of WIDA products and resources.
* Experience creating, developing and revising materials and resources used to support the professional development of educators.
* Experience collaborating, co-planning and co-facilitating professional learning with other staff; ability to effectively communicate and problem-solve with colleagues and supervisors.
* Excellent organizational skills, work independently and manage work load to meet outside deadlines and expectations.
* Experience coordinating training sessions, including planning and executing training.
* Experience with web-based technologies including Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; on line training including WebEx, Webinars, and Two-Way video; and distance learning platforms including Moodle.
* Experience and training as an instructional coach.
* Expertise with students with disabilities, Native Americans and bi-lingual Spanish Programs are strongly encouraged to apply.
License or certificate:
The World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Consortium of 37 member states is dedicated to the design and implementation of high quality standards and assessments that promote equitable educational opportunities for English language learners. These positions are located in the Professional Learning Division, which designs and delivers innovative professional development opportunities related to the implementation of the WIDA standards and assessment products.
This position is required to work remotely. Candidates who live in or in close proximity to WIDA member states and are interested in telecommuting are encouraged to apply.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Justine Kolb, current resume, and a document containing the names and contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 30 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 27 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time