PEOPLESOFT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
JOB NO.: 94039-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/SEO/PEOPLESOFT ENTERPRISE
Categories: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94039-AS
Working Title: PeopleSoft System Administrator
Official Title: SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Hiring Department: A064350-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEO/PEOPLESOFT ENTERPRISE
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $80,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No Degree Required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* A minimum of three years demonstrating effective technical knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning applications, with particular emphasis on Oracle PeopleSoft. (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Experienced with configuring and maintaining enterprise application software such as PeopleSoft.
* Ability to diagnose and solve highly complex problems with application and database management system infrastructure.
* Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
* Shows strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of effective relationships.
* Experience with PeopleSoft DPK's and PUM technology
* Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle PeopleSoft Integration Broker, Application Server, Process Scheduler, Web Server, and file structures such as PSHOME.
* Experience with the Oracle database management system internals, commands, and basic database management tools such as RMAN and OEM as they relate to performance and backup/restore/clone of ERP instances.
* Experience with utilizing certificates with PeopleSoft technology stack.
* Experience with integrating SAML authentication with PeopleSoft technology stack.
* Leadership or project management experience in enterprise technology environment with emphasis on communication to customers and team members.
License or certificate:
The PeopleSoft Enterprise System Administration (PESA) team within the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Division of Information Technology (DoIT), provides PeopleSoft infrastructure and operations support services to the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Wisconsin System. Customers for services include the UW System Service Center, UW System Shared Financial Services, UW-Madison's Division of Enrollment Management, and other UW System campuses and services contracting for PeopleSoft support.
The PeopleSoft System Administrator, is a member of the PESA team, is responsible for application infrastructure administration, operational support and maintenance for HR/Payroll, Finance, three instances of Campus Solutions (for three different UW System campuses), and environments supporting common interfaces between UW PeopleSoft systems. This includes support of PeopleSoft infrastructure operations across major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) areas (e.g. between Finance and HR).
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process. In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Please Note- DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 30 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 29 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time