Administrative Support Specialist
Requisition Number S1477
Position Number Temporary Administrative Support Specialist
Position Classification Title Adminstrative Support Spec
Functional Title Administrative Support Specialist
Position Type Temporary Staff
The Department of Human Resources is seeking qualified individuals for temporary Administrative Support Specialist positions that MAY become available on campus. When a UNCG Department is in need of a temporary Administrative Support Specialist, qualified applicants who have applied to this temporary pool will be considered.
Duties and responsibilities could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Banner Processing
- Office Management
- Departmental HR functions
- Assisting with/or Managing Departmental Budget
- Providing professional support and customer service to clients, students, Faculty and/or Staff
- Assisting with clerical and administrative duties
- Processing travel arrangements and reimbursements
- Composing written materials; including memos, emails, agendas or minutes from meetings
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY AND ONE YEAR OF RELATED OFFICE EXPERIENCE; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE.
- Associates Degree or higher
- At least two (2) to three (3) years of administrative/office experience at a higher learning institution.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, than management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
This posting will remain active for one quarter (roughly ninety (90) days). After the quarterly cycle, this posting will close and the application will be cancelled. You may then re-apply to the new active posting. The Close Date listed indicates when this quarterly posting will close.
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for qualifications to be considered.
Applications are not complete until an online confirmation number is received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range listed for each competency level of an Administrative Support Specialist
Contributing = $12.20 - $14.66
Journey = $14.66 - $17.50
Advanced = $17.50 - $20.05
Temporary positions are paid on an hourly rate basis. Rate will be approved by Human Resources.
Recruitment Range $12.20 - $20.05
Org #-Department Human Resources - 58401
Work Hours of Position Hours may vary and will be determined by the hiring Department
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Open Date 04/01/2018
Close Date 06/30/2018
Job Close Date
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 4 or more years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Do you have experience using BannerHR?
- * Do you have experience using BannerStudent?
- * Do you have experience using BannerFinance?
- * Do you have experience in higher education?
- * Do you have general accounting/and or state budget experience?
- * Please rate your computer applications skills? (Using Excel, Word and Powerpoint)?
- * Do you have experience as a Receptionist?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu