Assistant Director, Experiential Learning and Leadership
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Center for Student Engagement (CSE) aims to enhance all aspects of the student experience at GW, including on-campus living, fraternity and sorority life, leadership development, student organizations, outdoor adventure, off-campus and graduate students, as well as subpopulations such as first-generation or international students. Our CSE team is committed to leadership, community, advising and our own departmental excellence. We strive to serve not only our students, but also each other as colleagues.
Reporting to the Director for the Center for Student Engagement, Assistant Director of Experiential Learning and Leadership would perform the following duties.
- Manages all aspects of the Summit, GW TRAiLS, and Adventure Bound programs and provides leadership programs and training to the entire GW community.
- Oversees all aspects of Experiential Learning, Leadership, and Training for students and the overall GW community as part of the overall purpose and goals of the Center for Student Engagement.
- Liaises between campus partners, alumni, parents and outside professional agencies.
- Oversees, develops, and implements all training efforts for staff within the Center for Student Engagement.
- Conducts evaluation and assessment of programs and services to ensure compliance with national and university standards while creating improvement programs and plans.
- Conducts administrative functions including budget preparations, statistical reporting and records maintenance.
- Manages a small professional staff.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 6 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 4 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in higher education administration, counseling, or related field.
- Progressively responsible higher education administration experience to include a minimum of two years full-time experience within a student affairs department.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers and the use of database software.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Student Affairs Sub-Family Student Programs Stream Management Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5:30pm, with occasional nights and weekends. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
- In order to gain a better understanding of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.
- Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter