Instructional Support Manager
Working Title: Instructional Support Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine, Medical Education
Posting Date: 03-30-2018
The Office of Medical Education in the School of Medicine at the University of Virginia is currently seeking an individual who has facility with technology (both software and computers) to serve as Instructional Support Manager in a fast-paced, deadline driven program. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing operational, administrative, financial, and management support for undergraduate medical education (UME) courses. These courses occur in the first 18 months of the UME, divided into 11 organ systems (cardiology, pulmonology, renal, etc.), each with two or more System Leaders.
Overarching duties include:
- providing high-level technical assistance for faculty to support educational activities and identifying appropriate technology as needed (i.e., identifying project management software for course management)
- collaborating with faculty on the overall planning, preparation, and implementation of educational experiences and instructional materials
- supervising a staff of four, with responsibility for performance management
This support includes:
- researching and selecting appropriate technology to support the educational mission
- creating and maintaining a variety of assessments in the online testing system as directed by System Leaders
- maintaining course information and student data
- logistical duties, including scheduling rooms and meetings, purchasing items, gathering resources
- maintaining and updating course/other websites
- Bachelor's degree
- at least four years of administrative experience in an educational and/or technology setting; graduate coursework may substitute for required experience
- knowledge of program and/or project administration
Specific skills needed:
- facility with use of educational and or/project technology as well as databases, MS Office, etc.; ease in adapting to new programs; experience in selecting/providing guidance in selection of appropriate software/technology to support various programs
- able to work independently but also as part of a team
- exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- ability to work within deadlines
- exceptional attention to detail
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of program and/or project administration.
2. Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills.
3. Ability to work effectively with deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
4. Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
5. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
6. Familiarity with working online in databases.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84250