ADMINISTRATIVE COORD - PEDS
ADMINISTRATIVE COORD - PEDS
Occupational Summary: Assist Division Business Manager in administration of department finances, procedures and for Pediatric Primary Care, Med-Peds, Healthy Lifestyles and Child Abuse & Neglect.
- Financial and Administration Tasks: Prepare monthly reconciliations and progress reports while overseeing project budgets to actual
- Monitor and analyze expenditures and ensure accuracy, and perform journal entries needed to correct accounts or for payment of services
- Prepare reports and proposals requiring identification of sources, gathering data and putting together spreadsheets for budgets
- Deposit incoming checks to appropriate place, i.e. Bursar's office, gift records, sponsored programs
- Submit timely progress reports for gifts and foundation grants
- Assist departmental business manager in close out of fund codes
- Assist with month-end close and faculty effort changes
- Submit electronic AP check requests for outside vendors and honorariums
- Manage overdrafts in line with unit procedures
- Assist with CME tracking for faculty
- Assist in organizational structure of departmental files
- Maintain financial records per the institutional document retention guidelines
- Answer and direct administrative staff when Business Manager is absent
- Assist Division Business Manager on projects as needed Management of Corporate Card
- Purchase appropriate items using corporate card for all programs
- Reconcile Corporate Card purchases in WORKS using correct cost object, G/L, company code and cost indicator information
- Tie expenses to monthly corporate card statements and assure all signatures are obtained
- Review and approve other Corporate Card users purchases and submissions
- Personnel Related Issues: Responsible for travel and misc. reimbursements
- Assist Division Business Manager in time card tracking
- Assist with reappointment packets for faculty
- Assist with credentialing packets Division Support
- Provide backup coverage of division office phones
- Provide backup coverage for emergency scheduling
- Assist with printing, interpreting and analyzing reports from Maestro including QI (Quality Improvement) reporting.
- Cover other duties as needed when administrative staff are out of the office
1492 ADMINISTRATIVE COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to abachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 2 years related business or administrative experience tobecome familiar with general personnel practices, accounting andbudgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2years experience.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.