Instructor - Health Sciences/Phlebotomy/Medical Assisting
Minimum starting base salary is $43,605 plus a generous benefits package. Salaries may be adjusted higher commensurate with education and experience. Annual faculty contract is nine-months paid out over 12 months. Summer overload may be available.
Instructor - Health Sciences/Phlebotomy/Medical Assisting
Full-time, Nine-month, benefited Tenured position starting August, 2018 (Summer overload may be required)
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
We want your valuable work-life experience to train and guide students as they make life career changes or are embarking on a new journey into Medical Assisting and Phlebotomy through the post-secondary educational system. Our students deserve to be educated by the best that the industry has to offer in order to become an intricate member of the health care team. Come join this well established and strong program.
Maintain compliance with the provisions of the Aims Community College full-time faculty position description including:
1. Teaching - provide effective and high quality instruction; provide competent student advising; assist with refining and modernizing curriculum to be educationally sound and meet the high standards of the College; and develop curriculum as assigned.
Courses you can expect to teach can include: Phlebotomy, Medical Clinical Assistant lecture and lab classes, Medical Front Office certificate classes, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology, Human Diseases, Clinical Internship for Medical Clinical Assisting and Phlebotomy.
2. Professional Development - maintain currency in field of expertise and adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate. -
3. College Service - provide meaningful participation on College committees or organizations and participate in community service opportunities as assigned.
4. Teach on various campus/outreach sites at various times, including evenings/weekends, as assigned along with advising of students.
5. Willingness to teach during summer term as required (overload compensation applies).
6. Use alternative delivery technology (including online) in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning. If do not currently know how to teach online, will acquire the knowledge and skills to do so.
7. Post and maintain teaching and office hour schedule.
8. Initiate and maintain professional relationships with external agencies as needed.
9. Interview, recommend, orient, mentor and supervise part-time faculty as assigned.
10. Commit to:
(a) The philosophy that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience,
(b) Work as a team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility,
© Establish and maintain positive yet professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff and administration,
(d) Take classes in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications and other course work deemed necessary by the chair/dean,
(e) Embrace and apply the provisions of the College's Mission Statement, Purposes and Philosophy.
Other duties as assigned.
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
2. Associates Degree or higher from an accredited institution on or before August 21, 2018( AA, AS or AAS)
A combination of education/experience may be substituted
3. Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Medical Assistant
4. Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Phlebotomist (or performing phlebotomy duties in the capacity of another allied health profession)
5. Evidence of prior teaching/training in health occupation related area(s)
6. Must hold CPR (AHA Healthcare Provider Level) Certification or qualify for same within one month of hire.
7. Hold or qualify for a full-time, post-secondary vocational instructor's teaching credential as a Health Occupations Instructor issued by the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education
1. A degree in a Health related field
2. Registered (or Certified) Medical Assistant
3. Registered (or Certified) Phlebotomy Technician
4. Experience in a community college teaching environment, curriculum writing and alternative delivery instruction
5. Experience in multiple types of health care settings
6. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office products)
7. An individual with work place experience in a team environment.
As per schedule
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2981
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document