COI-Dean's Office - 133100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The three departments that constitute the College of Information (COI) are unified in a reliance on emergent technologies as can be seen in the research conducted by each unit. Faculty in Learning Technology work to enhance learning for all populations including those with special education needs. Faculty in Information Science use technologies to create methods for mining, curating, aggregating, and analyzing information from both traditional and newer digital repositories. Faculty in Linguistics create new digital resources to improve natural language processing and machine translation.
The College of Information at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Research Analyst to join our team.
The College Research Analyst will provide critical administrative services to faculty within the college as they develop and conduct externally funded research and sponsored projects. This position works with faculty to prepare their proposal budgets for submission to external sponsors as well as manage the finances of sponsored projects. The position supports the dean in developing tracking mechanisms, standard operating procedures, and various ad hoc reporting; and works with the Research Development and Research Services office in the sponsored project process.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Use UNT financial systems (COGNOS) to track budgets, expenses, encumbrances on a regular basis to insure accuracy.
* Monitoring burn rate for the life of the projects.
* Assure PI is spending in accordance to federal OMB guidelines including A-21, A-110, and A-133 standards.
* Ensure cost share commitments are fulfilled.
* Assist PIs to submit timely fiscal and technical reports to Research Services and award sponsors.
* Set up tracking mechanisms for these reports.
* Prepare budget revisions and no-cost extension requests.
* Assist Center Directors in these areas as needed.
* Maintain complete and accurate financial records for sponsored projects awarded to PIs from within the various departments of the college as needed.
* Prepare expenditure projections as needed.
* Assist PI's and DRC's from various departments within the college in preparation of forms, budgets and justifications for proposals and awards.
* Maintain working knowledge of sponsor requirements, systems, and forms, as well as Research Services forms and processes, i.e. Budget Builder, Current and Pending, Routing, Cost Share, Cost Transfer, and Budget Revision forms.
* Serves as CAYUSE coordinator.
* Serve as liaison to Research Services as required.
* Develops a variety of ad hoc internal reports needed by the deans, chairs, and PIs by gathering complex data from various sources to support strategic planning and decision making.
* Assist faculty in research compliance activities including tracking the completion of Responsible Conduct of Research training, human subjects and animal care approvals, export control training and compliance, and conflict of interest certification process.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, auditing, public administration, or related field and three years of relevant administrative work including some in research or grants management or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Prefer experience in higher education.
* Clear, effective communication skills; e.g. emails to ask about or convey rules, regulations and procedures or ability to explain same verbally.
* Interpersonal skills to maintain excellent relationships with researchers and various offices across the level of the institution.
* Time management skills including ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
* Prior knowledge of pre- or post-award administration regulations and procedures.
* General administrative experience with budgets, purchasing, payroll, travel, scheduling with specific skill in budget planning, analysis, reconciliation and forecasting.
* Problem-solving skills; being flexible and creative within regulations.
* Ability to determine when decisions can be appropriately made and when they must be referred to a higher level, to protect institutional integrity.
* Curiosity and willingness to learn new things and manage change processes.
* Ability to gather, analyze, synthesize information from a variety of sources and prepare reports and graphical displays, as requested by the head of the unit.
* Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* CRA Certification.
* Sponsored project administration, organizational skills, time management, customer-service oriented attitude, supervisory experience, proficiency with budget development, accounting, and auditing skills
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting