Manager, Digital Communication and Services
Requisition # 2018-8422
Department Adv-Office of Alumni Affairs
Category Communications and Public Relations
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications, the Manager, Digital Communications and Services in the Office of Alumni Affairs oversees a wide range of activities that center on the creation of customized digital solutions, particularly as they relate to alumni events. Creation of these solutions often requires the coordination of activities of multiple contributors. The Manager project-manages work streams, as well as the hands-on implementation required to get the job done. In addition, the Manager will be the central lead for data, metrics, and reporting for the Office of Alumni Affairs.
The Manager will be the expert user/subject matter expert (SME) of the email marketing, event registration, form, survey, and reporting tools; the content management system; and other internally used systems and will provide training to other users within the Office of Alumni Affairs as needed. The Manager will collaborate regularly with colleagues in the Office of Alumni Affairs and will be involved in workflow that touches many areas of the office and will need to be comfortable proactively requesting updates and end products from others.
- Work with the Office of Alumni Affairs staff to define requirements for customized digital services primarily related to the office's annual signature events including Reunions, Alumni Day, affinity-based conferences, and volunteer leadership conferences, as well as regional events and graduate alumni focused events.
- Develop digital solution concepts and execute those solutions in partnership with colleagues within the Office of Alumni Affairs.
- Manage more complex projects ensuring that other contributing stakeholders are meeting deliverable timelines.
- Execute digital communication tasks to support production of broadcast emails, newsletters and website updates in support of the needs of specific events.
- Work closely with internal and external support teams to guide resolution of issues that arise from the suite of TigerNet services, including the alumni directory, alumni discussion boards and alumni volunteer tools.
- Initiate and manage communications with representatives of alumni organizations requesting the development of a TigerNet subcommunity (e.g. broadcast email, website, Reunions registration) and act as primary contact for alumni representatives providing feedback on and requesting enhancements to their TigerNet subcommunity.
- Play a lead role in developing key dashboards and other metric driven reports. Collect data, analyze data and generate custom and ongoing reports to share with Alumni Affairs staff. Act as the repository for metric data and develop customized reports as required for staff and/or University leadership.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years digital communications experience including expertise with various digital communication tools (content management systems, event marketing, and registration, form building, survey building, reporting, apps)
- Strong project management skills to create structured project plans, manage project progress and timelines
- Ability to listen effectively to the needs of others on the staff in order to deliver on their expectations.
- Strong organizational skills to track all those efforts and organize the work in a way that all timelines can be met.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong sensibility around design and user experience with broadcast emails, newsletters, websites and mobile.
- Able to collect and analyze data and present in easy to understand report formats.
- Ability to work collaboratively with varied teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships of trust with a wide array of colleagues, volunteers, and other partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- High degree of professionalism, poise, and positive ‘can do' attitude and strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communications, organization and problem-solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including “all hands on deck” annual events (Reunions, Alumni Day, affinity-based and volunteer leadership conferences).
Knowledge of Drupal and iModules environments, desktop publishing software and social media tools a plus.
Selected candidates will be asked to share their work portfolio.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Ability to work occasional weekends for signature events, as needed.
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.