Requisition # 2018-8624
Department Electrical Engineering
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Department of Electrical Engineering is seeking a Department Assistant to support the Executive Office, designated faculty members and their research groups along with processing their travel and purchase expenses. The position reports to the Assistant to the Chair and Grants Manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Travel & Expense Support - Manage faculty and student expense reports through the Concur system; process purchase card expenses for department manager.
- Faculty Support - Assist faculty in duties related to class work and exam preparations; make domestic and foreign travel arrangements for conferences and meetings; arrange meetings and luncheons; assist with activity reports; general administrative duties.
- Facilities Support - Manage alerts/notifications, work orders and follow-up on facility issues; assist department manager with facility emergencies, lab/office renovations and moves; work with SEAS, EHS and facilities on facility issues.
- Dean of Faculty non-faculty appointments - Prepare welcome packet, assign seating and mailbox, provide brief orientation for new appointments; process termination document to the Dean of Faculty Office.
- General office duties include maintenance of databases including non-faculty appointments, department seating and key access, department email lists; assist in seminar and conference scheduling; arrange Tiger Card after-hours and visitor access; arrange and set up catering for weekly faculty meetings; manage hallway directory and bulletin boards.
- Update the EE website on news and special events, faculty and student awards; work with the communication specialist on website projects and articles that require editing.
- Serve as back-up to the Assistant to the Chair when she is out of the office.
- Work with other colleagues in the department as a team and provide coverage when possible.
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to details, accuracy and follow-ups in meeting deadlines
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills dealing with a wide range of constituents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism in welcoming and assisting all constituents
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- A great team player
- Experience with Concur
The final candidate will be requested to successfully pass a background check.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.