Experiential Education Manager
Logo Posting Number STA00379PO18 Classification Title Student Services Manager I Internal Title Experiential Education Manager Campus Columbia 01 College/Division Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support Department Career Center Band 6 Advertised Minimum Salary $39,960 Advertised Salary Range $39,960 - $44,000 (based on years of experience) Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule
The standard hours for this position are M-F, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch; the hours per week is 37.50.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Advertised Job Summary
- Coordinate the promotion, implementation and evaluation of the Community Internship Program (CIP), and the Co-operative Education (Co-op) program. Communicate and enforce program policies and procedures to students and employers. Anticipate and address issues related to data security, ethics and risk management. 1) Promote and provide education about CIP & Co-op opportunities to students, faculty, employers and other constituents via departmental relationship management, print and e-marketing, table displays, etc. 2) Solicit and monitor internship/co-op reporting to the Career Center and review submissions for program eligibility. 3) Implement the student and employer enrollment processes (contracts) for interns and co-op students for assigned liaison area(s) with the opportunity to administer funding where special funds are available. 4) Conduct semester site visits and/or phone consultations with internship and co-op program students and employer supervisors. 5) Conduct pre- and post- assessments with students and employers to evaluate achievement of outcomes and overall program success. Share assessment results and collaborate with colleagues to make program improvements. (30%)
- Develop policies and procedures for one or more experiential education programs. Anticipate and address issues related to data security, ethics and risk management. Develop memorandums of understanding (MOUs) between participating parties as needed and monitor adherence to MOUs. 1) Develop program framework, plan and implement one or more programs which provide virtual/real time interactions between students and alumni/employers for informational interviewing, job shadowing, group job shadowing, and career exploration and networking events/opportunities. 2) Work closely with Employer Relations and MyCarolina (USC Alumni Association) staff to identify, solicit and evaluate employers and alumni for participation in programs. 3) Coordinate with Career Center marketing team and My Carolina to conceptualize and develop program marketing. 4) Promote and provide education about experiential education program opportunities to students, alumni, faculty, employers and other constituents via departmental relationship management, print and e-marketing, table displays, etc. 5) Implement participant registration/participation processes, including management of overall event set-up and management using software for virtual programs. 6) Conduct pre- and post- assessments with students and alumni/employers to evaluate achievement of outcomes and overall program success. Share assessment results and collaborate with colleagues to make program improvements. (30%)- Collaborate with Career Center Career Development Coach and/or faculty internship coordinators to provide academic course instruction (i.e. ECHE202, UNIV201), COLA 390) or programming/presentations which market or help students prepare for, find, or reflect on experiential education opportunities. (15%)
- Provide 1-on-1 career guidance to students through appointments and drop-in interactions on topics related to exploring and experiencing the world of work (i.e. engaging in industry research, preparing for or reflecting on an internship/co-op.) (15%)
- Represent the experiential education area through the opportunity to serve on one or more cross functional Career Center work teams such as marketing, assessment, student-staff, student programming, and staff professional development and engagement. (5%)
- Participate in Career Center and Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support committees and events as needed. (5%)Minimum Qualifications (Classified and Unclassified positions)
Masters degree in Student Services or related field and 1 year related experience, or bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience.Preferred Qualifications
Experience with college student advising and experiential education experience.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Willing to travel to conduct site visits with interns/co-op students and their supervisors and be willing to work occasional evenings. Occasional overnight travel is likely to occur with this position. Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with students, employers, faculty, and other constituents is required.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 03/29/2018 Job Close Date 04/16/2018 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Positions are advertised for a minimum of five (5) business days on our job website. After five (5) business days, positions can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/28457 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have at least a master's degree in student services or related field and 1 year related experience, OR a bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience?
- Cover Letter
- List of References and Contact Information
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3