Program Coordinator for Extended Learning
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth. For faculty interested in research, the college maintains a teacher-scholar program to support research including applied research that complements our emphasis in experiential learning, civic engagement and sustainability.
Department: Academic Affairs
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posted: Mar 30, '18
Alfred State College is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Program Coordinator to its extension center at the Western New York Workforce Training Center (WTC) in Buffalo, NY. The Program Coordinator will oversee the administrative and academic functions of the center and serve as the liaison between the courses offered at the WTC and the respective department chairs and school dean. Ensuring that the processes used to assess program and course student learning outcomes are consistent with those of the Wellsville campus will be an important additional responsibility.
- Coordinate with Center Operator, Erie Community, business partners and associated vendors to best serve community and students.
- Coordinate with Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Success Center and additional student services to ensure comparable student experience to Wellsville Campus.
- Provide outreach to the community to recruit to our programs and meet additional needs determined through community needs assessment.
- Oversee scheduling of lectures and labs for Alfred State programs in collaboration with other educational institutions.
- Serve as liaison between Workforce Development Center and School of Applied Technology in Wellsville ensuring that the program quality remains consistent at the Buffalo location.
- Address student issues relative to performance and attendance in consultation with Dean of School of Applied Technology.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and actively participate in their implementation and enforcement.
- Follow all retention policies of the school and implement strategies as needed to address retention issues.
Qualified applicants must possess a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Previous experience in educational administration preferred.
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/university-police/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report . Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
Interested applicants must upload a resume and cover letter of interest when applying.Qualified applicants must possess a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Previous experience in educational administration preferred.